New Hospital Community Tour & Safety Fair April 30
Everyone is invited and thousands are expected to attend the Community Tour of the new Mills-Peninsula Medical Center in Burlingame on Saturday, April 30, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Come join nearly 100 employees who are volunteering their day to conduct tours of several areas of the new hospital, including:
• Lower Level: Base Isolators
• First floor: Emergency Department, Radiology and CT Scan, Surgery Department, Meditation Garden and room, and Atrium café
• Second floor: Intensive Care Unit, Family Birth Center, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
• Third floor: Patient rooms and gardens
About the Safety Fair
To help keep you and your family up-to-date on local safety resources, Mills-Peninsula is also hosting a Community Safety Fair featuring booths from the following service groups:
- San Mateo Police Department
- Burlingame Neighborhood Network
- Burlingame Police Department PAL Program
- Red Cross Neighbor to Neighbor Program
- San Mateo County Office of Emergency Management
For people who would like to participate online via Twitter, community members and Mills-Peninsula Health Services will be using the the hashtag #seeMPHS on Twitter throughout the day. We also invite you to follow us on Twitter at @millspeninsula and join us in conversation on our Mills-Peninsula Facebook page.
We hope to see you at the April 30 Mills-Peninsula community tour.
The new Mills Peninsula Medical Center is scheduled to open on May 15, 2011. In the meantime, you can view a slideshow of the new hospital here: